Islamic Marriage Ceremony
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. May Allah bless you and your family. Our Islamic Center staff and Imam are glad to be a part of this joyous occasion. We want to make sure this will be a successful event for you and your future spouse.
In Islam, a Nikah (marriage ceremony) is a covenant with God to honor, respect, care for and love your spouse; it is a legally binding contract. ISGH – BrandLane Islamic Center is honored to celebrate with you on this blessed occasion. Your Nikah can be conducted by an ISGH Imam.
To conduct a Nikah, the following requirements must be met:
- Bride and groom’s consent to marry
- Two Muslim witnesses
- Bride’s Wali (Guardian)
- Legal marriage documentation with the State of Texas.
- Obtain a Marriage License from your local County Court House (Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery). Please contact your County Clerk’s Office for fees and requirements.
- A Marriage License is valid for 30 days from the date of the issue.
- Marriage License is NOT valid for FIRST 72 hours from the time and date of the issue.
- Get an appointment with Imam for Nikah at least one week in advance.
- Obtain ISGH “Marriage Certificate” by calling Main Center Office at (713) 524-6615 or the Imam who is performing the Nikah.
- The Marriage License and Marriage Certificate must be signed by all concerned and dated.
- The original documents,(Marriage License and Marriage Certificate), must be submitted to the Main Center Office of ISGH after Nikah is performed.
- The Office will validate the Marriage Certificate with ISGH Seal.
- Return the Marriage License to the county to record the marriage. It will be mailed back to the married couple.
ISGH BrandLane Islamic Center offers facility rentals and accommodations. You can download the facility rental form on the services page.
To Book BLIC facility, please contact Kamal Ahmad – MKahmad832@gmail.com
EVENT SET UP FEES/ DETAILS
For additional information, please contact the following:
Sheikh Tauqeer Shah – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kamal Ahmad – MKahmad832@gmail.com
Please review the requirements as posted on the ISGH official website.