ISGH reiterates the imperative to hold in esteem the Houses of Allah and maintain devotion and worship of Allah therein while observing the sanctity of life and all necessary medical precautions for its protection. Taking into account the current guidelines issued by the City and County health officials, here are the steps ISGH is taking with approval from the ISGH Fatwa Council:
- ISGH urges all community members to closely follow and comply with CDC and other local official entities.
- Starting immediately all ISGH operated Centers and Musallahs will be closed for the five daily prayers till further notice. The main prayer halls, as well as the restrooms, will be locked for access. The common areas of the Centers will be left open for anyone who wants to come and offer prayers at their own risk.
- Local coordinators will ensure that we do not have more than 10 people in the gathering.
- People performing the prayers should take their own precautions, perform wudhu at home and bring their own prayer mats.
- Since prayer at the masjid is not mandated for women and children, there will not be any space for them to offer prayers.
- Until further notice, there will be no Friday congregation at the ISGH operated centers and musallahs. Please pray your 4 raka’ of Dhuhr at home.
- We strongly advise the community to practice social distancing guidelines recommended by local authorities and pray at home.
- Janazah prayers will be only offered at the cemetery and not at ISGH Centers.
All the centers will work with their local Imams and establish on line classes and khatirahs to continue to keep the community engaged in the remembrance of Allah. ISGH and Fatwa council will continue to closely monitor the situation and keep you abreast of any update.
Jazakum Allah Khair. ISGH Shura